AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords not showing Analytics data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running two text ad campaigns in AdWords and have added the Analytics columns (pages/vsit, % new visits etc.) to each, but no data is showing, even tough there are clicks to the ads dest. url that is tracked.

The accounts have been linked, auto-tagging is enabled (the data in Analytics itself shows up, but not in the AdWords columns).
Am I looking at this wrong or did I not set it up correctly?
Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords not showing Analytics data.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris - did you link the GA account in AdWords? Go to My Account - - Linked Accounts and check to link the GA account there. If it's not available - then you need to go into the GA admin area and look to share the data with other Google tools....

There is more account linking required than first meets the eye to get everything working!

Re: AdWords not showing Analytics data.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Chris - 

1. I would definately double check to see that the AdWords and Analytics accounts are linked correctly.
  2. Make sure your Google Analytics code is on your ad landing pages.
  3. How long have the accounts been linked? The Analytics columns will not populate historical data from before the two were connected. You may have to wait for more data to accrue.
  4. Are these really low-volume keywords?

Let me know what you find out!