AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords not importing Analytics Goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have gone through the process of linking the GA/AdWords accounts and have successfully added the GA Goals as Conversions within GA. However, the data does not appear to be carrying over. I can see 9 GA Goal conversions this month, but nothing is reflected in AdWords. 

Additional Info: We're using the Callrail/Adwords integration method of sending CallRail data to GA, then linking the GA Goals with Adwords Conversions. I've reviewed CallRail's tutorial and everything is setup correctly; we're just not getting the data.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

Re: AdWords not importing Analytics Goals

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Josh_B,

We use callrail with all of our clients so I can speak from experience.

To clarify, I believe you are stating that you received 9 calls through callrail in Google Analytics but those numbers are not showing in AdWords? You may wish to check to see that the source / medium is Google/CPC; if it is not then those conversions will not import into adwords as they did not originate from your advertising efforts.

Let me know if this helps!

Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the quick response! We have the source/medium automatically selected by CallRail and it appears to be correct. See below:

Google Analytics

Automatically set the source, medium, and campaign.
utm_source: google
utm_medium: cpc
utm_campaign: AdWords PPC

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Josh,

Are you able to verify that you indeed are importing the goal from Google Analytics? How long ago did these conversions occur? There is the possibility of a delay between analytics and adwords (that can take up to 48 hours, although Google itself states 6 hour delay). If these calls populated in analytics within these time periods it is likely a delayed import.

If it is longer, then to answer the question may involve seeing screenshots to confirm the analytics and adwords accounts linked correctly and the goal was imported successfully, etc.

Best,

Nick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nick,

I can confirm the accounts are connected; we have multiple goals that are being imported as conversions from the same property/view and all of the others work/are tracking data.

The original goal was imported on August 4th, and after allotting 48 hours for the integration to take effect and assuming a 24-hour delay in metrics reporting, I'm showing 3 conversions between the August 6th and August 8th in GA, but still nothing in AdWords.

Thanks,
Josh

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Josh,

To confirm, how did you create the callrail goal in analytics? Did you use event goal, category = phone?

It appears to be sounding like a potential delay in the importing of conversion data. However, if calls came through August 6th associated with Google/CPC in GA, then that is a problem and somehow must be related to the setup of the conversion goal in GA.

Best,

Nick

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Nick,

The goal in GA is set up as recommended by CallRail for tracking first-time callers. Please see below!

http://imgur.com/Iqf0Ey7

(for whatever reason, it won't let me upload photos, so the links above will have to do)

Additionally, here is the event data within GA for the time frame that should be registering. 

http://imgur.com/r5s1sjA

Thanks,

Josh  

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
The goal is reporting in analytics, and the goal is imported to AdWords as a conversion correct? You also know that all the other imported goals are reporting as conversions within the AdWords UI. The next thing I would do is make sure I am looking at data sets post 72 hours, just to be sure there's not a severe data lag.

Then start looking into total goal:conversion ratio. Compare all the conversion data columns, for all campaigns, and see which, if any, actually match the analytics goal count for the same time period. Double check all your conversion settings within AdWords - Are you using consistent conversion count, and conversion window settings for all imported goals?

In order to figure out what might be going on with this individual goal/conversion reporting issue, make sure some larger issue is not at fault. Do you have any other low volume goal/conversions that you can analyze for time delay and reporting accuracy? What about total goal:conversion, and clicks:visits ratios?
Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Tom,

Thanks for reaching out! I've gone through most of the things you've listed and everything seems to check out; I'm a power user and have set up quite a few accounts, so most of the troubleshooting stuff I've run through. All the other conversions (i.e. goals) for that property/view are recording correctly and are on a 24 hourish delay, which I've come to expect.

Conversion settings within AdWords are pretty standard. We're already filtering for First Call conversions within GA, so the only real difference between the campaigns is the conversion count, but even then, this is set to count every conversion. See link below!

http://imgur.com/0AxLCWN

Thanks,
Josh

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner
Hmm.... Could the analytics filters be part of the problem? If you are using a PPC specific landing page could, somehow, the source attribution be lost within AdWords, but still report accurately in analytics? If it's a different landing page for a different goal, then that's another potential variable...

You have verified that the call rail logs and the analytics event count totals are accurate, correct? As long as your analytics data is accurate, and all the accounts are linked, you can still find all the data within analytics. It means you have to compare to interfaces, and it takes a little more time. But, as long as you know you have good stats in analytics, you can still manage the account. Smiley Happy
Tom