AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords gclid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

i have a question abount: Adwords GCLID

I have notification in google analytics: 

Invalid AdWords gclid

"The Ad Destination URL http://lopota.ge/news/239/eng from the AdWords account ********************** has accrued a significant number of clicks but a lower-than-expected number of corresponding sessions because the page is dropping or altering the gclid parameter inserted by Google. Check the web server's redirect logic or its use of a URL rewrite engine to ensure the gclid parameter is preserved."

how i can solve this? 

2) In this Campaigns when i click on ads: clicks goes not in landing page,but in a homepage.

Can anybody please explain me it?

Many Many many Thanks Smiley Happy 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: AdWords gclid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Dato.

You probably have auto-tagging enabled in your account and every ad, when clicked, sends the visitor to a page such as http://lopota.ge/news/239/eng?gclid=xyztdgts27334664something

The part after gclid= is the click ID. Unfortunately, your server does not handle that parameter correctly and redirects the click to the homepage.

Please talk to your webmaster / developer and ask them to configure your site to accept parameters such as ?gclid=test at the end of any URL. After they report back to you that it should now work, just take an ad final URL, append ?gclid=test to it and make sure that the server stays on that page and no longer redirects.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: AdWords gclid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Dato.

You probably have auto-tagging enabled in your account and every ad, when clicked, sends the visitor to a page such as http://lopota.ge/news/239/eng?gclid=xyztdgts27334664something

The part after gclid= is the click ID. Unfortunately, your server does not handle that parameter correctly and redirects the click to the homepage.

Please talk to your webmaster / developer and ask them to configure your site to accept parameters such as ?gclid=test at the end of any URL. After they report back to you that it should now work, just take an ad final URL, append ?gclid=test to it and make sure that the server stays on that page and no longer redirects.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.