AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords gclid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

i have a question abount: Adwords GCLID

I have notification in google analytics: 

Invalid AdWords gclid

"The Ad Destination URL http://lopota.ge/news/239/eng from the AdWords account ********************** has accrued a significant number of clicks but a lower-than-expected number of corresponding sessions because the page is dropping or altering the gclid parameter inserted by Google. Check the web server's redirect logic or its use of a URL rewrite engine to ensure the gclid parameter is preserved."

how i can solve this? 

2) In this Campaigns when i click on ads: clicks goes not in landing page,but in a homepage.

Can anybody please explain me it?

Many Many many Thanks Smiley Happy 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: AdWords gclid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Dato.

You probably have auto-tagging enabled in your account and every ad, when clicked, sends the visitor to a page such as http://lopota.ge/news/239/eng?gclid=xyztdgts27334664something

The part after gclid= is the click ID. Unfortunately, your server does not handle that parameter correctly and redirects the click to the homepage.

Please talk to your webmaster / developer and ask them to configure your site to accept parameters such as ?gclid=test at the end of any URL. After they report back to you that it should now work, just take an ad final URL, append ?gclid=test to it and make sure that the server stays on that page and no longer redirects.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.