AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords for Video campaigns (not set) in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up an AW for Video campaign in March, but all of the corresponding paid search traffic in our Analytics account is shown as (not set). The AW account I'm using is tied to the correct Analytics profiles and tracks perfectly for our search and display AdWords campaigns. Have I missed some additional step in setting up my video campaigns?

I also noticed that the number of visits in GA is only about 2/3 of the number of website clicks AW reports to me. Is that a normal discrepancy?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords for Video campaigns (not set) in GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Thalita,

>> I also noticed that the number of visits in GA is only about 2/3 of the number of website clicks AW reports to me. Is that a normal discrepancy? <<

Yes, that is. I'd like to refer you to this explanation:

Discrepancies in Google Analytics - Clicks vs Visits

Best,

Lakatos

Re: AdWords for Video campaigns (not set) in GA

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

In addtion to what Lakatos has mentioned I would like to share my experience with this a while back. I am not sure if this has been upgraded yet. As this thread says this functionality is not available yet and I even tried manually tagging video campaigns but still it didn't work. 

I found out this was happening as adwords for video was adding a gclid which was from YouTube analytics and was not related with the Google analytics account.

To counter this i set up a dummy page as destination URL which stripped out gclid appended and forwarded user via 301 redirect to my original page.

I will look for that piece of code and try to post it soon here

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog