AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords for Video budget overspend

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Activated a  "AdWords for Video"-campaign that had been paused for a while yesterday. The budget was set to 25. This morning, about 12 hours later, it had spent about 200. 

I thought one could not be charged more than +20% of daily budget per day?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords for Video budget overspend

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

I actually saw someone from this community in a similar situation recently if I remember correctly. I'm just trying to find the thread for you.

Edit: It seems that there have been more than one post created on this subject, it might be best to have it passed to the support team if nobody can help here.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi David, just seen this happen to me, a client with a budget of just $10 per day spent $109.09 in a single day.

I'll have a poke around and see what's going on.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi David, did you change the budget on the day this happened?  Doesn't matter (I don't think) if you changed it up or down, or what you changed it to, but when it's been happening to me it's always been on a day I've altered the budget.

Jon

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Don´t think so. Just activated is as far as I can remember. At least the budget never was THAT high.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

My colleague Calin (Adwiser) has just asked a good question - are you actually being charged this overspend, or are your billed amounts closer to you actual budget.

I haven't had time yet to do this myself but it's an important question!

Jon

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm, it´s a bit hard to say. But actually, it doesn´t look like I am being charged that amount. Strange...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi David,

Thanks for your post. To look into this issue deeper I have sent you an email so I can have a look at your account speficially.

Regards,

Niall

Smiley Happy