AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords dynamic conversion values in Google Tag Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Community, 

I want to setup AdWords Conversion Tracking code for my website by Google Tag Manager. But how to track conversion value with dynamic value ?

Thank for supporting.tracking.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author La K
September 2015

Re: AdWords dynamic conversion values in Google Tag Manager

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi La K,
If you'd like to populate a value dynamically, select a macro from the dropdown menu or create a new one.

You can read about Conversion Tracking with Tag Manager here: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/3281066?hl=en&ref_topic=3281056

And you can read about Macros here: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/2644341?hl=en#MacroTypesWeb

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you explain step-by-step what variable (macro) should be created? The Google resources don't help much with that

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi DKS

It will be a variable that contains your transactionTotal. So in most case you would create a dataLayer variable and then make sure that the variable is available in your dataLayer when the conversion happens.

This can be done by either hard coding the dataLayer on your website or using a dataLayer.push to insert the variable into the dataLayer.

Does this make sense?

AdWords dynamic conversion values in Google Tag Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My trigger for Sales Transaction Tag is a Pageview that looks for a specific URL, if URL matches it will fire the Tag. My tag send off to Google AdWords as a conversion tracking. The issue is that when i see why my tag was not fired it looks like it added another filter to my trigger. saying the Tag was not fired becuase gtm.click does not equal gtm.js. Not sure why it is doing this as the trigger should only be looking at the URL. How do i fix this issue?