AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords conversions are different between the Conversion tab and the Attribution tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We have started to run AdWords campaigns a few days ago, however I'm facing a problem with my conversions count.

With the same dates (19 to 21 of August), in the Conversion tab (and the campaigns one) I see 3 conversions coming from 2 different campaigns with a conversion value of 305€, while in the Attribution tool I see 13 conversions for 558€.

Only 1 conversion type: Purchase (we are an e-commerce website).

Both sides are in last click 30 days.
Conversion tab: count every conversion, repeat rate of 1. Cross devices conversions included but in the attribution tab I don't see any cross device conversion at the moment.

Thank you very much for your ideas,

Anne

Re: AdWords conversions are different between the Conversion tab and the Attribution tool

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Which of these numbers is an accurate count of sales? Are you using AdWords conversion code, or imported Google analytics ecommerce transactions?
Tom

Re: AdWords conversions are different between the Conversion tab and the Attribution tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What is inaccurate is not having the same number in both sides, isn't it?
The 13 conversions in the Attribution tool are closer to what I find in the ecommerce part of Google Analytics (12 transactions).

My Google Analytics and my AdWords accounts are linked but I'm pretty sure I have not imported goals from GA to my AdWords account. How can I double check that?

Thank you for your help Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

If analytics ecommerce reporting is an accurate reflection of actual sales, then ideally you would want to import those transactions/goals as conversions in AdWords. If you see "transactions" with analytics as the source, as a conversion in the conversions tab, then you are already importing them. If not, then click on analytics while in the conversions tab, and you should be able to select transactions to import from analytics.

It may take some time - You may have up to a 24-72 hour delay in reporting ecommerce transactions into AdWords as conversions - However, once you see those transactions importing, then you can compare all the conversion data in AdWords, to the goals/transactions from google/cpc in analytics.

If you can get your conversion columns at the account/campaign/adgroup/KW/ad level to accurately report transactions, then you can start making optimizations based on accurate data. The problem seems to be that the attribution reports are accurate, but the conversion reporting at any actionable level is off. If you can fix that, then everything should come in line. Try to work back from analytics (which you know is accurate) one step at a time.

Tom