AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I have setup a conversion in AdWords for phone call tracking from website by pasting the conversion script in the source code of the website. However there are still multiple form submissions that needs to be tracked, should I create a new conversion for each form submission under AdWords conversion and paste the tracking codes to the source of the website? 4 form submission = 4 different conversion tracking codes to be embedded in the websites source code? Thanks for the help.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I would recommend using 4 different conversion tracking codes, unless the forms are exactly the same. This will allow you to understand which keywords drove completions of which forms. If the forms have different values (i.e. completing Form A is twice as valuable as completing Form B) then you will have the ability to optimize accordingly. Lastly, you will still be able to aggregate all form submissions to the conversions column which makes reporting more efficient.

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi chen m,

If the form submissions all use the same thank you page, use only one conversion otherwise all 4 will fire and skew your data. If form submissions have different values, use the conversion_value to set the proper values.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Petebardo,

Thank you for the advise but how do I setup AdWords conversion to track the thank you page after the form submission? I know how to set it in GA as a goal but not sure how in AdWords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Jim for the help

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

Here are the instructions to setup AdWords conversion tracking. Your implementation should be standard but let us know if you need any more help!

Setup Conversion Tracking: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.