AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords conversion tracking on custom event click of submit button

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have some problems tracking a conversion on my create account page. The thing is that i dont have a thank you page to place the tracking code and i dont want to track the conversion on the page load.

The create account page has a submition form and the basic idea was using Google tag manager to trigger the post action with form listener tag and the fire the Adwords conversion tag.I couldnt manage to do that so figured out another way.

On the submit type button of the form placed this code : 

onclick="if($('#CreateAccountFormDisplayForm').valid()){dataLayer.push({'event':'account-submitted'});}"

And on the GTM container i've created Adword conversion tracking tag with these rules:

{{url}} contains createaccount

{{event}} equals account-submitted

In the debug mode of GTM i see the tag fired and when i checking the browser's network log,i can see also the conversion requests but i cant see any results on Adword platform.

Is this trigger method correct?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords conversion tracking on custom event click of submit button

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zoom, I can't be certain why your code isn't working, but it may be easier to work out why the form submit listener didn't work.

What problems did you have with that?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits