AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords clicks no longer being tracked in Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently changed the email address for cost source settings in both analytics and adwords on a clients account.

Since doing this, Analytics is only tracking 1 or 2 clicks max a day (normally 20-30 min)

I've removed and readded the linked account, I've verified they are both checked and are the same account in analytics/adwords. Autotagging is enabled. I'm losing hair over this, anyone have any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords clicks no longer being tracked in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In order to make sure that your Adwords is properly linked with Analytics, email address which you are using should have administrator rights on both sides (i.e. Adwords and Analytics). 

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

Please note that for the time when Adwords was not linked with Analytics properly (i.e when you tried changing the email address), you might not be able to see the Adwords traffic for that time period in your Analytics account. And when you again linked it, Analytics will start collecting the data from that time period again and start showing under Adwords traffic.. So that could be one of the reason for data discrepancies.

Also Google Analytics track visits and not clicks like in Adwords. There are some data discrepancies mentioned in the following article which would help further:

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404039?hl=en

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The account is an MCC client manager account, this should work surely? I am 99% certain I have set it up this way previously.

The data has been missing for 14 days now, and was being tracked previously.

Liam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I changed the email address being used to the original email, ie the one used to set adwords/analytics up, and the data is still not being tracked. I think I may have to contact Google about this one.

Liam O'Dowd