AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was wondering if I need the Google Analytics certification to show my clients that I know how to "measure" the AdWords/SEO results in addition to the Google AdWords Certification? Or maybe I should go for the AdWords Reporting Advanced Exam?

I just got my AdWords individual certificate in Search Ad. I am quite new in the field.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AdWords and Analytics

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi acrm,

The reporting and analysis exam should cover you pretty well for dealing with clients regarding analytics. The Analytics qualification is much more detailed and comprehensive covering in depth segmenting, event tracking, customization & more.

In my opinion it is a lot harder than the AdWords reporting and analysis exam.

It's not too expensive so if you feel it would help on top of the reporting and analysis exam, I'd do it.

You can never have too many ;-)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi acrm,

The reporting and analysis exam should cover you pretty well for dealing with clients regarding analytics. The Analytics qualification is much more detailed and comprehensive covering in depth segmenting, event tracking, customization & more.

In my opinion it is a lot harder than the AdWords reporting and analysis exam.

It's not too expensive so if you feel it would help on top of the reporting and analysis exam, I'd do it.

You can never have too many ;-)

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Here are some hard facts about Google analytics certification.

I did analytics certification about 12 months ago and I believe it should be easier for guys with technical background (programming) as I was asked several questions with regular expressions. It has helped me a great deal in measuring results for adwords especially on ecom websites.

But to be honest the knowledge has helped me but no client yet has asked me if i am google analytics certified Smiley Happy

So the bottom line is you should go for it to increase your knowledge not because it will help you winning clients

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Re: AdWords certification

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

acrm;

My personal view is that, for clients, being certified is sufficient. Clients don't make the differences between the various fields of certifications,

If you are new to AdWords, I would give some time to see if your clients really ask you for other fields of certification. If you do wish to pass another advanced level exam, I would take the Display one.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks you all for your advices. Very kind of you. Smiley Happy

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Thank you purefuzz, tomhalejr, Nik and Moshe for helping acrm.

Thank you acrm for acknowledging the help you received. We appreciate it. 

Mini