AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords account-level data in Analytics instead of Campaign only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

First let me explain the situation.  I have multiple AdWords accounts linked to my Analytics account.  The problem is, there isn't a really clear way to see the performance of each whole account separately.  Analytics just reports based on Campaign > Ad Group > Keywords, so you can understand how the reporting gets kind of dicey if I have Campaigns with the same name in both accounts.

One of my AdWords account is a Grant account and one is Paid so it's pretty important that I can see the performance of each on an Account-basis, rather than immediately drilling down into Campaigns.

So basically my question is does anyone know of a way to get a report in Analytics that separates out my different AdWords accounts?  It seems to me like a feature that should exist already, in the AdWords reporting in Analytics you should first pick the AdWords account you want to take a look at, then you can drill down into Campaigns and Ad Groups from there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: AdWords account-level data in Analytics instead of Campaign only

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

The easiest thing to do is have one analytics account per adwords account. If not, then it's going to be confusing.

With the new analytics interface, if you have a My Client Center for your various accounts, it's pretty easy to go from account to account for both adwords and analytics. 

I like each analytics account to be only for one site, and one adwords account. Yes, I have to go from account to account, but it makes total site-level analytics analysis much easier. Smiley Happy 

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

The easiest thing to do is have one analytics account per adwords account. If not, then it's going to be confusing.

With the new analytics interface, if you have a My Client Center for your various accounts, it's pretty easy to go from account to account for both adwords and analytics. 

I like each analytics account to be only for one site, and one adwords account. Yes, I have to go from account to account, but it makes total site-level analytics analysis much easier. Smiley Happy 

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.  I don't understand why Google can't just put an Account level about Campaign in the AdWords reports in Analytics.  I think that would make so many people's lives easier rather than creating multiple accounts.

For anyone else who has the same problem, my plan for now is to just add a prefix to all Campaigns in one of my AdWords accounts.  So all my Campaign names start with "A:".  It then makes it easy to filter by account in Analytics.