AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords YouTube Website Clicks vs Click Overlay clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am looking at AdWords in the video campaign section.  I have several campaigns and each campaign has a click overlay in place and is directing to my website.  To track the number of times a view has clicked through to my website (via the overlay or InStream click) I have alway referred to the campaign tab, and  I look at the website clicks column, which i assumed was the amount times a viewer either clicked on my overlay or within an In-Stream video.  I just noticed that on the Video tab there is a Click Overlay column which lists the number of clicks from the overlay.  This number is much higher than the number i am seeing from Website Clicks. Can you please explain the difference. Thanks

Re: AdWords YouTube Website Clicks vs Click Overlay clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I am not totally sure about this, documentation at Google help center is poor to be frank, but I do believe figures for clicks on overlay and clicks on video (which leads to website) are reported separately and never mixed.
You could check this by manually tagging each URL with a different parameter and then look at the numbers in Analytics.