AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Search says clicks are from Display and Display says clicks are from Search?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone explain to me why I am getting such a "he said she said" from the dashboard?

We have a campaign in "Search Network with Display Select" and the numbers are all over the place.

In the break down on the at the "Keywords" tab at the bottom are the totals for the campaign right?

Im seeing "Total - all but removed keywords" above "Total - Display Select" and then the "Total - all ad group"

This tab says that majority of our clicks/impressions are from "Display", and some in "Search".

Yet, over in the "Display Network" tab, at the bottom it says "Total Display" has zero impressions/clicks.

Smiley Surprised

This is quite unnerving. Please anyone who can explain this. It would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

AdWords Search says clicks are from Display and Display says clicks are from Search?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi James, can you please attach a screenshot. 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Alexey,

Here is an "excerpt" screenshot of our dashboard on the "Search" and the "Display Network" tabs in question. 

Smiley face

AdWords - Search vs. Display inconsistencies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any luck with an answer here?