AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Reports - Which AdWords report did you run today or this week and how did this report help you?

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We are curious to know which AdWords reports you run on a daily basis/weekly that help you prepare your business reports or make changes to your AdWords accounts.

So, let's do this. Each of you reply on this thread with the name of the AdWords report that you ran today or this week and what data in this report was useful for you and how you analyzed this data. 

Cheers,

Mini

Re: AdWords Reports - Which AdWords report did you run today or this week and how did this report he

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Mini,

I ran a report late last week that I run on a pretty regular basis for some of my larger accounts.

It's the search terms report and I'm pretty sure most will be familiar with this one.

There were a few different campaigns (state targeted using the same terms) so I ran the search terms report across all campaigns to get the best keyword list I could.

We have been running for some time now so I set the date range to run for the past 6 months so I have enough data to make good decisions on.

I found that we had 35 keywords (exact match) that were bringing in over 85% of the conversions, out of 475 in the campaigns.

Due to these keywords being so important I decided to break these out into a separate campaign (for each stste) and apply a new budget to them so I have more control and can see their stats more easily.

When I created the new exact match campaigns I made one adgroup for each search phrase, using only that search phrase as an exact match in the adgroup. This way I was able to write ads that were perfect for each search phrase.

As I now have new campaigns targeting the exact match terms I needed to add the same list of exact match keywords in as negative keywords into the original campaigns so there is no cross account keyword conflict.

Since going live with the new campaigns the CTR has gone up by around 400%, quality scores improved by around +1-3 on each term, conversion rate went up around 75% and the CPC dropped by 26%

In summary, the Search Terms report lets you see what people are typing into Google when you're ads are clicked on. From this you can see which keywords are doing well and which are doing poorly. If you have poor performers you may want to think about adding them as negatives or pausing them in your account so that your budget can be used more efficiently. But when you find your "golden terms" make sure you look after them.

Re: AdWords Reports - Which AdWords report did you run today or this week and how did this report he

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
First and foremost the beloved search query report! Imagine life without it...

Secondly, i love to check on my CTR which signals how my ad-copy writing skills were during the week (depending on the amount of sleep i got),

Third, is the content report in GA, where i keep a close eye for obvious reasons.

And as general best practice, i like to take the time once a month to go over every major report and measure and analyze and measure once again...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
welcome

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 Really a nice post! 

Not only you have mentioned the report, but the way the report should be used is perfect.

I have also being doing the same actions every week for my set of accounts, since the last one year and it has given good ROIs.

But the only one thing I did different was, selecting data for the last 2 months, just to be sure I capture only the current trends.

Aditya