AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Reports - Using your Data to Drive Success

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hi everyone,

This is JoMo from the Google AdWords support team and today I’d like to discuss AdWords reports. AdWords reports enable you to make informed, data-driven decisions about how to manage and optimise your campaigns, ads and keywords.

Creating reports in AdWords is simple. Anytime you see the  icon while navigating through various tabs in your campaign(s), this indicates that you can download a report. When you click this download icon, you also have the option of emailing a report to yourself or to others who have access to your AdWords account. You can change the frequency of reports to be emailed on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. This saves you time and hassle of having to re-create reports. Read more about how to create, schedule and email reports.

You can also customise your reports, using various metrics. With this information, you can analyse when or where your ads tend to perform better, and structure your campaigns to enhance this good performance. For example, you could run a keyword report that includes an ‘Hour of Day' segment, where you may notice that your average CPC tends to rise at more competitive hours. You could then use ad scheduling to modify when your ads show or set bid adjustments, based on this reporting data.

There are many useful reports in AdWords - A placement report will show you data for sites where your ads displayed on the Google Display Network, an impression share report will tell you if you are missing out on potential traffic due to budget or rank limitations, while a search terms report will show you the search queries that triggered your ads.

Also, I’d like to tell you about a recently-added report in AdWords that you may or may not be familiar with. We recently introduced Auction Insights to enable advertisers to get granular data for a particular keyword. Auction Insights tells you about Impression Share, Overlap rate and Top of Page Rate of individual keywords in your account, comparing your performance to that of other advertisers who are bidding on that keyword. Read more about how to use the Auction Insights report here.

I’m happy to answer any queries you have on AdWords reports so please ask!

Best Regards,
JoMo

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Reports - Using your Data to Drive Success

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Nice Post! Thanks JoMo!

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks JoMo - very informative and helpful post. Auction Insights looks very interesting.

Thanks again

Dave

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Thanks Neha and Dave Smiley Happy

Auction Insights is great. On a side note, it may not return any results if they keyword doesn't have a lot of data to work with. If this happens, try expanding the set date range or try using it with other keywords in your account. 

Happy Reporting!

JoMo