AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Importing Goals from Analytics, but not event-based?

ovo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
ovo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello —

We have about 10 or so goals setup in Google Analytics, 4 of those are event based goals, as they happen on a page and not a seperate confirmation type of page.

AdWords has imported the other non-even-based goals fine, but the event-based ones have yet to be "discovered" by AdWords. It's been a week since they were setup, so ther eshould be plenty of time.

Any ideas? Does AdWords not support/import event-based Goals?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Importing Goals from Analytics, but not event-based?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

If you go to your analytics account, and segment only the AdWords traffic, do you see completed goals for that slice of the traffic? If an event was not triggered by an AdWords visitor, it will not be reported as a conversion in AdWords.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

ovo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
ovo
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, that may make sense then. The goals have to be completed by ADWORDS traffic before then will be triggered to import into adwords? Currently, they are probably non-adwords traffic that have triggered the goal conversions.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Of course, AdWords only shows its own conversions, not the ones completed by other sources. Even if the final visit is from a different source, if there was previously an AdWords visit within 30 days of the goal completion, AdWords will report it as a conversion attributed to itself. While analytics will credit the last touch point, with the exception of direct traffic.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.