AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords: How to implement goog_report_conversion when a forms fields are tested for completeness?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm trying to implement Conversion tracking, I've got the Code snippet placed into my HTML src file (Between the body tags). Now On my page I have a form with mandatory fields. These are checked in a JavasScript and upon successful check a POST method is issued to post the data to a CRM. The question is how do I implement goog_report_conversion such that it only signals a conversion when the mandatory fields pass. What URL do I pass to the goog_report_conversion function? Should it be the address of the CRM? How is the URL parameter used to watch proper conversions? Currently I have the goog_report_conversion call in a JavaScript function where I do my form field completeness checks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

AdWords: How to implement goog_report_conversion when a forms fields are tested for completeness?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK so I've got a new message in AdWords Conversions. Now it says: "No recent Conversions". So AdWords see's my conversion code snippets. But I'm wondering:

Does this means it would normally register a conversion when the goog_report_conversion function runs, and its just not registering the conversion because my campaigns are paused or is it something else (like a wrong URL passed to the goog_report_conversion function)?  What does the passed URL have to do with tracking conversions properly?

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also Google Tag Manager has a yellow error about the CDATA comment no existing in my code (I removed it). Why does this matter being in the HTML code if its a comment? Are not comments ignored?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Nathaniel,

For tracking form submissions, the easiest way is to send people to a thank you page after the form is successfully submitted, and count visits to that page using Analytics or AdWords conversions. 

Unless you have reason for removing the CDATA code, you should leave it in. However, the conversion tracking should still work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rob,

Thank you for the help. Do you know which URL you pass to the goog_report_conversion? Do you know how google uses this URL to attach conversion metrics to it? Just because I "POST" a crm form before I go to the next URL.

Thanks!

-Nate