AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Display Network campaign not showing up properly in Google Analytics reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My AdWords campaigns that are set up as Display Network only do not show up properly in my Google Analytics reports.

In the Paid Search traffic report, all of the parameters such as Campaign, Ad Group and Ad Content show as "(not set)."

The only parameter that shows up in GA is Landing Page:

My AdWords account is linked to my Analytics account, and the Auto-Tagging option is set to Yes.

Why aren't the AdWords parameters populating GA? And how can I set it up so that I can see Placement-based Goals and Conversions in GA?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anitataylor-cd
September 2015

Re: AdWords Display Network campaign not showing up properly in Google Analytics reports

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello anitataylor-cd,

I would like to ask you whether it happens only with your Display Network Campaign or any campaign which you have on Adwords and data is only not set in Google Analytics?

I hope you have done the initial diagnosis of checking whether accounts are proper linked or not. 

Also note that you will get the data in GA for your Adwords campaigns from the time you link it. So if there is any previous data, it will be shown as not set.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: AdWords Display Network campaign not showing up properly in Google Analytics reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem was that all of my GA subdomains were not linked to AdWords. I figured out how to get them all linked here: http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033961

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can you provide screenshot of Goals settings by going in admin..

Need to see how you have set up goals. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Firstly, if you want to track on keywords level tracking, then you have to use URL bulider. from there, you can track & see the report of the keyword on google analytics.

also, if you do not want to track on keyword level, then put the URLs builder link for your landing page.

you can track from which campaign, ad group & keywords,you were getting more clicks, which ad perform better etc.

firstly, go thorugh how to to use URL builder by Google.

Let me know in case of any query. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
You do not need URL builder if auto tagging is enabled.. It seems goal settings is not done properly..
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello anitataylor-cd,

I would like to ask you whether it happens only with your Display Network Campaign or any campaign which you have on Adwords and data is only not set in Google Analytics?

I hope you have done the initial diagnosis of checking whether accounts are proper linked or not. 

Also note that you will get the data in GA for your Adwords campaigns from the time you link it. So if there is any previous data, it will be shown as not set.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@gandhikr - thanks for your assistance!

Here are how my goals are set up in GA - all URL based.

In AdWords, Autotagging is set up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Pankaj - thanks for your assistance.

My Google Analytics account has over a dozen subdomains with different UA id numbers.

In our primary subdomain, the Google AdWords ads/campaigns/etc. on the Search network do show up properly in Google Analytics.

The campaign I am trying to troubleshoot is on a different subdomain. I suspect that for the subdomain in question, AdWords and GA aren't linked properly.

Can you tell me how to set up AdWords so that it will link and autotag across ALL of my subdomains?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem was that all of my GA subdomains were not linked to AdWords. I figured out how to get them all linked here: http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1033961