AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Display Network Only campaign set up and I can't seem to get my conversions set up. I prefer to use my Google Analytics goal I have set up/imported instead of using the AdWords tracking code. I have had this conversion in AdWords imported for over a week now, but continue to not see any conversions in AdWords. Meanwhile, I consistently am getting goal conversions and clicks in Analytics reporting. 

Is there something I'm missing here? This is probably a dumb question, but in order for the conversions to appear in AdWords the clicks need to generate from my ads, correct? But if someone were to visit my site organically or directly and click on my goal, it will not show as a conversion in AdWords, right?

Basically I just want to make sure the conversions from imported Analytics goal is set up properly in AdWords, but I don't know because I continue to not see any. 

Any HELP is greatly appreciated! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
AdWords attributes the conversion to the last click, while GA attribution is to the last non direct click;
Read this:
Comparing Analytics and AdWords conversion metrics:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So the only way Adwords counts a conversion is if it came from the ad? It will not count a conversion if the click came organically, correct?

Thanks for the help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam M
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Correct. For that you need GA
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’