AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Conversion Tracking Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to track the conversions on AdWords when people are clicking on a button on my landing page but it doesn't work. I have inserted a Google Tag with Google Tag Manager. I put the GTM code between <body> and </body>. I have entered the ID and the Label where required in Google Tag Manager.

The trigger is supposed to be fired when people click the buttons (doesn't matter which one they are linked to the same pop-up).

I have installed the Google Tag Assistant. I tells me I have a tag on my webpage and it works perfectly.

I know I have conversions. Some people have subscribed to my newsletter but I can't see that on AdWords.

Thank you for your help,

Simon.

Re: AdWords Conversion Tracking Problem

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Simon,

Not sure if you've already seen this page: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821?hl=en

Scroll to the part that says "Tracking clicks on links or buttons as conversions"

If this doesn't help, could you please post a screenshot of your conversion code setup in GTM?

Also, very silly question (but just in case), just to make sure, you've published the latest version of your tag changes, right?

Thank you.

Re: AdWords Conversion Tracking Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Alexander,

If you type in the search bar view-source:ekombucha.net, you will see the code.

When I went onto Google Tag Manager, I started by programming the trigger first. After, I used the preview & dubugging mode to see how things here working. It showed that it was working. After, I put the ID and the Label in the Tag with the trigger.

Under ''Fire On'' in Edit Trigger the condition is ''Click element'' > contains > the link in the button.