AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Conversion Tracking Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I am having a very peculiar problem in regards to the AWords tracking code. I have installed the AdWords tracking code (before </body>)  in my thank you page. Also the page has the GA code and both AdWords and Analytics are connected.

When I make a purchase by clicking through my live AdWords ads the conversion shows up on GA and the source is attributed as Google/cpc. However this conversion data is not been passed over to AdWords and AdWords shows zero conversions for my campaigns. Can someone help me troubleshoot this issue, please?

Thanks and Regards,

Manish Joshi

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Conversion Tracking Issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Manish,

When did you actually perform the test purchase by clicking on your own ad and completing the buying cycle to reach the check out success page? 

Please note that there is a delay of 24 hrs in conversion tracking reporting in your Google Adwords interface. I hope you are not checking it early.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick reply Pankaj. Based on your advise will have to check it again tomorrow. On the same lines did a similar conversion test yesterday buy checking on one of the ads and AdWords showed the conversion with 30min. So I guess the safe bet is to wait 24 hours.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I would advise you to wait for the data to get refresh and updated in your Adwords account. I hope you must have seen the notification on your main Adwords screen in the bottom explaining the same.