AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Conversion Tracking Code on Multiple Websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have multiple campaigns in my AdWords account, each with its own URL (unique storefronts).  But the conversion tracking code that AdWords generates is the same no matter which campaign its intended for.  Can I use the same conversion tracking code for multiple URLs/storefronts/websites?  Or do I need to create a different account for each URL/storefront/website that I would like to track conversions for?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Conversion Tracking Code on Multiple Websites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello thegrocer,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Please note that creating multiple Adwords accounts for the sake of similar business is strictly prohibited.

In your case if you advertise multiple websites using single Adwords account, use the manual tagging option. Explore the URL builder to manually tag different URLs. 

Use Google Analytics for deeper understanding of how different domains are behaving in terms of Adwords.

Link Adwords with Google Analytics so that you get the real insight of what users are doing on different domains coming via Adwords.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Re: AdWords Conversion Tracking Code on Multiple Websites

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi thegrocer,

You don't need more than one conversion defined and can use that one conversion for all your campaigns. Conversions will be properly attributed to the proper campaign and ad group.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

AdWords Conversion Tracking Code on Multiple Websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, 

just to be sure:

In my case I have two campaigns with two different landing pages/ websites.

I can use the same google conversion tag for both websites?

Will the results then be splitted accordingly or appear as 1 total?

Thank you!

Juli