AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Conversion Code| In which page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I'm preparing to run a new campaign for a brand new client.

I've just a couple of doubts with regards to the Conversion Tracking Code into AdWords accont.

I must clarify that i cannot access the analitycs account of my client so i must use only AdWord to underline the value of the campaing.

The consersion type i would like to measure is about "how many users that hits the product landing page decides to deepin the offer by clicking on "discover more" button.

I will drive traffic t'ill the landing page (and off course i can measure the performance) but  i also want to know the customer behaviour on it. (how many of them will click on "discover more?" )

Since the client website do not display any "thank you page" at the end of the process, my idea is to insert the AdWords tracking code into this "discover more" page.

My doubt: does AdWords will count only traffic arriving by campaign or will count traffic arriving from any other page/referral?

E.g.:

A) customer-->google banner/ads-->landingpage (productpage)-->discovermore--> OK 1 CONVERSION

B) customer-->homepage-->landingpage (produtct page)-->discovermore-->?? is that the same consersion for Google AdWords?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaoloDB
September 2015

Re: AdWords Conversion Code| In which page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This may be a long shot bot would it be possible to insert the code in the button? I am no developer so I am probably off on this but I know with mobile campaigns I am able to insert a line of code on the call button to track the calls. 

What I do is inset <a onclick="goog_report_conversion('tel:111-111-1700')" href="tel:111-111-1700"><div class="callButton"></div></a> on the button and insert the conversion code generated from adwords in between the body tags.

I mean it wouldn't be a tel tag but maybe something simular to this?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Paul,

As LC suggested, I have read about using a button action to track conversions so that could definitely be one possibility for you.  Yet another would be to place the conversion code directly on the page that the user will land on AFTER clicking 'discover more' (assuming that there is a page attached). 

On your conversion tracking question, a click on an ad MUST happen in order for a conversion to be tracked in AdWords.  Your Example B will NOT be counted as a conversion as the user has not clicked on an ad. 

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This may be a long shot bot would it be possible to insert the code in the button? I am no developer so I am probably off on this but I know with mobile campaigns I am able to insert a line of code on the call button to track the calls. 

What I do is inset <a onclick="goog_report_conversion('tel:111-111-1700')" href="tel:111-111-1700"><div class="callButton"></div></a> on the button and insert the conversion code generated from adwords in between the body tags.

I mean it wouldn't be a tel tag but maybe something simular to this?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I would put the conversion code on the page with the button.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Paul,

As LC suggested, I have read about using a button action to track conversions so that could definitely be one possibility for you.  Yet another would be to place the conversion code directly on the page that the user will land on AFTER clicking 'discover more' (assuming that there is a page attached). 

On your conversion tracking question, a click on an ad MUST happen in order for a conversion to be tracked in AdWords.  Your Example B will NOT be counted as a conversion as the user has not clicked on an ad. 

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thankyou guys for your kind help! Cheers!