AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Call Tracking in GTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to add both snippets of code required for the AdWords Conversion Tracking action type Website Calls to Google Tag Manager? How would one go about doing this? Anything guidance is much appreciated!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Caitlin L
September 2015

Re: AdWords Call Tracking in GTM

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This was the first thing I asked when Google's own call tracking was announced - and I was disappointed to learn that no - it's not compatible.

Seems like a massive oversight, I know , especially when I am using GTM to implement call tracking using the third party solution I use with my clients.....

Please don't shoot the messenger... I'm on your side!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi guys.
Think my last message got stuck in the spam filter.

I've published a workaround for this here :

https://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/adwords-call-tracking-guide-gtm/

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Caitlin.
If you'd like me to walk you through the setup here, let me know. The post on the Redfly blog is just a generic implementation. If we walk through it together here, we may help those in future who come across this post.

If you would like to provide some more details, perhaps your website and how you currently have GTM implemented, we can start there.

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

I've added your code to the Adwords-generated code, but when I try to publish it in GTM it gives me warning "unrecognized character" - any idea why?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick