AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords CTR, BOUNCE RATE AND PAGE VIEW BENCHMARKS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently ran a Real Estate campaign within Google AdWords running SEARCH and Display Ads within the Google Network (Placements/Interest Categories/Remarketing), and now that they campaign is done, I would like to see based off my results, if there are benchmarks for CTR, Bounce Rate AND/OR Page Views against campaigns run specifically in AdWords. Currently on the WatchThisSpace site, the benchmarks provided are for display banners and do not provide a clear view into if these numbers include AdWords...

Anyone have any insight to provide??

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AdWords CTR, BOUNCE RATE AND PAGE VIEW BENCHMARKS?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

I suggest you check out the Competition Analysis (on the Opportunities tab). There's some valuable benchmarking available there.

Other than that, I'm afraid I don't know of any service that provides benchmarks for performance by industry, although Moshe is correct and your campaign may be showing some Auction Insights for some of your keywords.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

In addition...

There is the relative CTR metric for display campaigns available in the interface. Just enable the column and you should be able to see past data for several months at least (how long has the option been available?).

Tom

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello StFleury; Welcome to our community;

Have you tried the newly introduced option of "Auction insights"?

From Adwords blog announcement::

• With the Auction insights report, you can compare your performance with other advertisers who compete in the same set of auctions as you do. You can see how often your ads rank higher than other advertisers’ ads on the search results page, and how often your ads appear compared to theirs based on your estimated possible impressions. This information can help you make strategic decisions about bids, budgets, and keyword choices by showing you where you are succeeding and where you may be missing opportunities for improved performance.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

I suggest you check out the Competition Analysis (on the Opportunities tab). There's some valuable benchmarking available there.

Other than that, I'm afraid I don't know of any service that provides benchmarks for performance by industry, although Moshe is correct and your campaign may be showing some Auction Insights for some of your keywords.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

In addition...

There is the relative CTR metric for display campaigns available in the interface. Just enable the column and you should be able to see past data for several months at least (how long has the option been available?).

Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Theresa and Tom! I really appreciate the time you took to answer!

I have already looked into Competition Analysis...however I haven't looked into Relative CTR... i'll give it try.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the welcome Moshe... I didn't look into Auction Insights before, but after poking around, it looks like it would only be available during a live campaign? ...