AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ad preview and diagnosis doesn't work?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When checking my keywords in 'Ad preview and diagnsis' it states that some of them are on the front page and others are not being shown. (As it should) however when I google the same words that where on the front page on my laptop my ad is not there. I thought this could be due to what I have already searched so proceeded to try the same think on my collegues computers. Again the ads are no where to be seen! Does the 'Ad preview and diagnsis' tool jut make it up?? Or is it broken?? or why is it not showing?? please help. Many Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad preview and diagnosis doesn't work?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi birthy and welcome,

Ad Preview Tool works on the settings which you apply while using it. I am afraid but there are no false results shown to the advertisers. In fact this tool is meant for you, me and other advertisers who doesn't want to get their metrics hampered because of searching for ads on live Google search.

If you search on live Google, it can restrict the searches based on what preferences you have set inside that. Your impression share, CTR gets affected while searching there while there is no harm of using Ad Preview Tool.

One reason I could think of that you are unable to see your ad using this tool could be due to low ad rank, low Quality Score.

When you hover mouse over the speech bubble for the keywords you are worried about, what message is shown to you?

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi birthy,

Just to add on to Pankaj's excellent response, I suggest that you take a look at this discussion from the previous forum as Lakatos and AdWordsPro give some good insight into the discrepancies between the two.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Pankaj,

I have checked some of the key words have low ad rank due to budget restrictions or low quality scores. However shouldn't this be taken into account when the Ad preview tool searches? Otherwise it won't be giving a realist view of where your ads are ranked? 

Many Thanks for your help :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Scott, I have just had a look.