AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ad group with 3.10% Bouce rate no conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

I work on antique e-commerce website. Recently created few search campaigns giving keyword level targeting landing page. This is doing great in 10 days this campaign with only one ad group generated 250 clicks with a bounce rate of 3.10%.

But the issue is for this campaign there are 0 orders. There is no tracking issue because my analytic is tracking other orders. Did any one of you guys have experienced this kind of situation where visitors are good bounce rate is great but no orders.

Do you think I need to pause these campaigns or try for few more days. Keywords used are business keywords in phrase match.

Please looking for your suggestions.

Thanks in advance..Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad group with 3.10% Bouce rate no conversions

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

1) Your bounce rate is very good Smiley Happy What is the average time on the landing page ?

2) Phrase keywords should bring better traffic than the simple broad or BMM, you did good to use this match type.

Have you looked at the search terms report to see what people actually typed in the browser ? Maybe the search terms typed did not represent an intention to purchase. Here are instructions about this report : link   . Adding negative keywords selected from the search terms could help.

3) Can you please share your landing page so that forum members can comment on the usability of it ?

4) Are your search campaigns configured to allow mobile traffic too ? How many of those 250 clicks are from mobiles and is the landing page different for mobiles ?

5) Can you test a product purchase, a conversion by clicking on your cheapest keyword and the associated Ad ? This way when you complete a transaction you can see if the conversion is recorded or not and if the actual attribution works after payment through a 3-rd party website.

These are only some ideas, other forum members could have more ideas.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Average number of pages viewed: 6.2
Average time duration: 00:01:14
Most of the visitors are from computers

As I said I have used keyword based landing page, below are couple of pages I used:
http://www.rensup.com/Search-Results/Glass-Lamp-Shades.htm
http://www.rensup.com/search.cfm?Keyword=lamp%20globes

Yes, I have worked on the actual search keywords and added few words into negative list too. But most of the keywords are business keywords.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for sharing this information, it all looks good except there are some tracking problems on the pages. To diagnose this please install the Tag Assistant,plug-in from Chrome found here :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

This is what I am seeing, and I think it needs to be fixed in order to properly track the data :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kXqO3eH9vJVDI3UG9rY0NHVFE/edit?usp=sharing

Have you tried testing a conversion by clicking on your own ads on the cheapest keyword ? If a click costs a few cents, it may be the best way to find out if the tracking works at least for test case.

Otherwise a diagnostic will be based on guessing possible issues.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Claude,

Here are my thoughts. Can you check if the Adwords conversion tracking code has been correctly placed on the thank you purchase of your site. This can be confirmed with point #5 as suggested by Adrian.

About the pages you provided above, I am guessing they are not independent PPC landing pages and contain a lot of products. Maybe due to this the users spend significant time in browsing numerous products which may confuse their purchase decision.

You can create dedicated landing pages and include limited products specific to user's search query. Lastly, i noticed that there is no direct 'buy' button next to the products on the above pages.

Hope this helps. Maybe more experienced community members can comment better on this.

Regards,
KC

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Claude, you say the Campaign has been running for 10 days?  My own feelings are that you may be being too hasty.  The sort of items you appear to be selling are unlikely to be impulse buys and will likely require some thought, comparison and consideration by your potential customers.  Not all advertising Campaigns convert on the same day as the first click and the Time Lag between that first click and the actual sale can vary tremendously - I have clients where over 15% of their conversions happen more than 28 days from the first click.

If your Analytics is working correctly you can get an idea of your typical Time Lag from there - looking at your organic visitors.  Look under Conversions... Multi-Channel Funnels... Time Lag.  

I'd also use Analytics to get an idea of your typical Conversion Rate.  Pick an entire month, segment for non-paid visitors then divide the number of unique visitors by the number of unique transactions and you'll get an idea of what your Conversion rate might be.  Compare that to your 250 clicks and see how many conversions you might have expected to have had in that time.  Bear in mind that Analytics will be reporting all your traffic so a lot of the visitors will be very unlikely buyers - you may want to filter the visitors number by those who visited more than 2 pages and/or stayed on site for more than 30s etc.

Have you checked for paid traffic transactions in Analytics?  Even if AdWords isn't picking up the conversions, Analytics should be, presuming it's correctly installed.  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have inserted a print-screen from the Tag Assistant as it shows some problems with analytics in my message 4. I am curious if in this case the time lag report will show accurate data.