AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Words tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I have quite awkward situation here, I would like to know the stats coming in adwords account is due to the GA tracking or it is the results of enabling auto tagging option in adwords account bcoz our vendor is saying if we will remove GA code from your website then stats coming in adwords account also get zero .Would you tell me how Google track the ad words clicks and other adwords metrics and is there is any realation between GA tracking code in adwords tracking?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Words tracking

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Clicks and impressions doesn't need any tracking codes. But if you want to track conversions(sales) you need to imput tracking on your website.

Siva.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi William, AdWords and Analytics tracking, by default are totally separate and each can work without the other.  So you could have a website tracking visitors through Analytics without using AdWords and another website using AdWords and seeing all their click statistics within AdWords without using Analytics.  AdWords gathers its data from the click on the Ad whereas Analytics gathers its data from a visit to the site so the two are independent.

What may be the case for you is that AdWords is using Analytics as the source of conversion tracking, so removing GA in that case would remove the ability for AdWords to track conversions, but raw data for clicks and other AdWords metrics would still be reported.

Why would you want to remove Analytics?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Cobnut,

Thanks or you reply. We also implemented Conversion tracking code on Checkout pages but our vendor company is miss guiding Higher administrator about facts, I already inform that both works independently (GA & Ad words tracking ) As per Vendors conversion and all other metrics in ad words are due to GA tracking . i have to prove this things in front of Higher administrator.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Williams,

You can prove that by following few steps and taking the screenshot of the same.

1. Type the keyword you are promoting in search engine
2. Click on your ad
3. Do a test conversion and in the thank you page you will see a Google Site Stats box. Please take the screenshot and share with the client.

Regards,
Gokul

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Willam, just to be very clear.  The only metrics visible in AdWords that come from Google Analytics are:

• Imported Analytics Goals
  • Bounce Rate, Pages/ Visit, Av. Time on Site, % New Visitors
  • Statistics for GA Remaketing Lists

All other statistics, clicks, CTR, CPC, etc. come from AdWords itself and have no need for Google Analytics to be installed.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits