AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Word selling agent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was contacted by someone selling ad-words for my business web site. When I declined he became very abusive, swearing at me and telling me to "**bleep** off" back to Australia on picking up my accent, which he got wrong. He then phoned back again being very abusive and certainly not what I would expect from someone representing Google. He again called back on an unknown number and was again very abusive. He was calling from 01619 740655. I appreciate that they work for companies selling onbehalf of Google, but I do feel that they should at least have a bit of culture before being let loose on the public. This is ultimately a reflection on Google, a company that I use and promote activly in my line of business.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Ad Word selling agent

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Brian,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is certainly not the behavior we expect from Googlers. However, sometimes people phone businesses and pretend that they are Google. Did this individual send you an email from an @google.com address? Or were they able to share information about your account to confirm that they were from Google?

Re: Ad Word selling agent

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

Just to underline what Coco said.... she is a Google employee - so you might expect this answer.

I am not a Google employee and I have never experienced behaviour such as this from any Google employee - it simply wouldn't happen. I have seen this kind of behaviour from AdWords management companies - most (if not all) not Google certified - who prey on small to medium sized businesses, bullying them into running useless campaigns for high management fees, and whilst they offer Google advertising, they are not selling on behalf of Google as such.

There is little that Google can actually do about this - other than reassure you, as Coco has done, that this is not their policy at all. If you are interested in running ads on Google you should either contact Google directly or look for a Google Certified Partner who can help you develop a well structured effective campaign.