AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Preview shows "ad is not showing" but keyword has Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad Preview says ad is not showing for the keyword,  also run keyword performance report for my keyword and it shows zero impressions but campaign management shows positive Impressions for my keyword. All reporting are done for "Today". What could be wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Preview shows "ad is not showing" but keyword has Im

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi isik,

On the ad preview, what's the reason behind not showing?

In terms of the report for "today", you need to keep in mind that any changes you make to the keyword will make total historical stats available, but will start new individual stats.

Diogo

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Isik,

Welcome to the AdWords Community! Smiley Happy 

The Ad Preview tool gives the status of your ads and keywords at the time of testing. Therefore, if your ads have stopped showing because your budget is over, or for any other reason, the Ad Preview tool will say that the ad is not showing. 

However, the campaign management page would show impressions and clicks that your keywords have been receiving over the course of the day. It will show you all the clicks and impressions that you have received on any given day from 00:00 until the time you are checking, assuming you haven't got ad scheduling. You may also want to allow 24 hours for the system to update the exact performance statistics for your keywords and ads. Please read more about the Ad Preview tool in this article

Judging by your question, I believe this is the best explanation. However, if you think that there is any anomaly in the way your reports are populating, please feel free to Contact Us through our Help Center and we'll help you out! Smiley Happy 

Cheers,

Karishma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Diego.
The ad was not showing due to a low Ad Rank according to the ad preview, and I didn't make any changes to the keyword... But reading the explanation of Karisma, it might be because of exceeding the daily budget since today I see that my daily limit was exceeded by 20% yesterday. In order to be sure about that, I will have to find a way to see the time of the day when the budget limit is exceeded.
Thanks!
Isik

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi Isik,

It's good that you have been able to identify this!

You can view the hour of day reports in your dimensions tab and check to see the time at which you are running out of budget.

Regards
Karishma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Karishma,
Thank you for the smily welcome, and of course for all the help Smiley Happy
I'll go and run the report, hopefully it'll match with our findings!
Regards,
Isik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Karishma,
Unfortunately I had more than 50% of my budget when I checked the keyword with the ad preview....
What else should I be looking at?
Thanks!
Isik

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi isik,

I recommend you have a look at your bid and Quality Score for that keyword, the combination of both is what most counts for ad ranks.

Look at Quality Score and see if any of the 3 metrics (see below) is flagged in red. Improving this and sorting your bid will probably fix this.

keyword.png

Diogo