AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool cease to display correctly after a short while. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using Ad Preview and Diagnosis to check how my ad is displayed at targeted country. It's very useful for adjusting Max CPC amount to make the ad move from being displayed at bottom of the page to top of the page.

The problem I experience is that after 15 ~ 20 minutes of using Ad Preview and Diagnosis adjusting various keywords, it only shows the top line information on whether the ad is displayed, or for what reason not displayed, but no longer show the lower larger portion of how the ad is being displayed with a search hit.  Without the lower search result being displayed, I cannot know if my ad is displayed on top or bottom. When problem occurs, it persists no mater if I flush Chrome cache data or restart the computer. I cannot do anything until couple hours later after the problem went away. 

The problem is repeatable, and occurs on all 4 different computers I tried. I also noticed that after I start using this  Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool, checking what my ad looks like in another country, Google start to complain about abnormal activity from my computer and asked to do CAPTCHA verification when I tried to do Google search after running Ad Preview and Diagnosis.

Anyone has experience with this strange problem before? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick H
June 2016

Re: Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool cease to display correctly after a short while. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 11
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Seems I need to wait 1 ~ 2 minutes between making max CPC adjustment of a group and clicking Preview of Ad Preview and Diagnosis page to see the effect, rather than clicking Preview continuously right after making max CPC adjustment until different results seen, then it would work OK and no CAPTCHA challenge occurs.

View solution in original post

Re: Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool cease to display correctly after a short while. Why?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rick,

Yes sometimes i also face this problem.
I usually click 'preview' 9-10 times repeatedly or even more than it starts showing the data..Smiley Tongue

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,

I tried to click preview 10 times or 20 times repeatedly as you suggested, but does not seem to work for me. Sigh ....

Rick

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
LOL,

It is not the actual or technical process, i do this when feel annoyed.
Have you tried after login in Incognito mode or another browser?

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, Incognito mode or Internet Explorer all has same problem. I tried on 4 different PC, all having same strange problem.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Are all the computers on the same IP, have you tried with another IP also?

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried 3 computers in office, initially they all work. After 15 or 20 minutes they all do not work. At home on my laptop and desk top it's the same, all initially work, then cease to work after a while. Then need to wait couple hours until it works again. So problem persist across different IP.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Guys, there is really nothing very surprising about it. A great many online service providers have integrated algorithms against excessive individual overuse of a service that they offer users free of charge.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos,

Sorry I don't quite understand what you said. Isn't Ad Preview and Diagnosis a free service provide by Google for Adwords paying users? Do you mean Google intentionally blocked after some period of use?

Thanks in advance for help clarifying.

Rick

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Rick, I think you read me okay. Google does not charge you for the use of the Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool. What you pay for is quite different.