AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Extension Metrics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, I am running a search campaign with image ads, keywords and ad extensions together.

I would like to know are the metrics show from the ad extensions being separated from the metrics from image ads and keywords? i.e.  Different CTR and impressions for ad extensions and also for images ads and keywords?

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yee Fon T
December 2015

Re: Ad Extension Metrics

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Yee Fon T,

Ad extension metrics indicate performance when that extension has been shown to the user. It does not necessarily mean the user clicked on the extension link. If you add up all the clicks from keywords in a search only campaign, the result is a true sum of all clicks. Same is true for ads. If you add up all the clicks shown as extension metrics, you will come up with more clicks than the actual number of clicks received.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yee Fon,

By search campaign with image ads, do you mean PLA or shopping??

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yee Fon T
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Yee Fon T,

Ad extension metrics indicate performance when that extension has been shown to the user. It does not necessarily mean the user clicked on the extension link. If you add up all the clicks from keywords in a search only campaign, the result is a true sum of all clicks. Same is true for ads. If you add up all the clicks shown as extension metrics, you will come up with more clicks than the actual number of clicks received.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords