AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Extension Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, 

Just a quick question about the new site links, as I was not able to find info about it. 

Are Sitelink extension conversions included in the overall conversions for the respective campaign? 

Here is an example: Campaign A has 13 conversions for the last 7 days. Under Ad extensions within Campaign A, I see that the Sitelinks delivered 10 conversions for the same period. Does this mean that out of the 13 for the whole campaign, 10 came through the sitelinks, or does this mean that the campaign delivered in fact 23 conversions?

Thanks in advance!

Tod 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author theodorU
September 2015

Re: Ad Extension Conversions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

It's the former. 13 in total, 10 from sitelinks.

Do you have Analytics set up? If so a good thing to do is set up a goal for the same conversion point, that way you can double check figures.

Ryan.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author theodorU
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

It's the former. 13 in total, 10 from sitelinks.

Do you have Analytics set up? If so a good thing to do is set up a goal for the same conversion point, that way you can double check figures.

Ryan.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tod,

If you go to Ad Extensions Tab and select Sitelink Extensions, then segment the data by click type. Doing this will help you find out how many conversions were actually that happened through sitelinks. You will get 3 segment options like Headline, Sitelink and Get Direction. From here, you can easily figure out the Sitelink clicks which resulted in conversions.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I thought as well, it was just very unexpected for me to get such a high percentage of my conversions from the sitelinks.

I analytics goals set up, just did not think of using it for this occasion. AdWords and Analytics conversion numbers are almost the same, +/- 10%, but I suppose that's normal due to the different mechanism of the platforms. 

Thanks again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pankaj, thanks a lot for pointing out this feature.

I am bit confused however - How come Sitelinks have all Headline, Sitelink and Get Direction? I am using the new enhanced campaigns with the updated ad extensions which consist only on one line clickable text (as far as I can see...). Are in this case the Headline clicks actually clicks on the actual ad headline (in which case they are not really extensions clicks). 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Tod,

I was referring to the options you will get while segmenting the data using click type. All you can cross check would be the sitelinks data and how many conversions it shows for that particular row.

Hope that clarifies!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj, 

Yes, I saw what you mean now, thanks!

Tod