AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Actual Number Conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Kindly look at the snap shot and let me know how many conversions i actually got. Also kindly explain the number of conversions which you are going to frame.

CaptureHowMany.JPG

Frank

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Actual Number Conversions

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

You have 15 conversions
You have 25 View trough conversions
You have 8 Click assisted conversion

Please read Understanding Conversion Tracking reports
http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en

A View-through Conversion happens when a customer sees an image or rich media ad, then later completes a conversion on your site. This is different from a Click-through Conversion, which happens when a customer had previously clicked on an ad (such as on the Google Search or the Google Display Network) and then completed a conversion on your site

Assist clicks: All the clicks leading up to a conversion -- except for the last click -- for each keyword.
** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again,

I have some news regarding view through conversions, you can read about how they get incremented here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/View-through-conversions/m-p/205514/highlight/tru...

So :

1) The 25 view-through conversions mean that 25 conversions took place in at least 2 steps

a) Step 1 - a browser received an impressions from an Ad from that Display campaign (first row )

b) Step 2 - the same browser was used for a click from any campaign OR from organic/direct/refferal/email/social, that lead to another conversion. This means that you can have more view-through than no. of conversions reported in adwords, but if you define goals in analytics for your leads you can check how many organic conversions you have and you can compare the total ( organic +paid goal completions) with the total of the view-through conversions.

2) The 15 conv (1 per click) are the conversions that lead to the 15 conv (many-per-click). If your visitors could have acomplished more conversions by visiting the site, there could have been recorded more conv (many-per-click) than conv (1 per click). Are you tracking only one type of conversion ?

3) The 8 click assisted conversions mean also that there have been conversions in 2 steps

a) Step 1 - a click from those 1239 clicks did not generate a direct conversion

b) Step 2 - the same visitor returned also from a paid Ad with another click and converted.

At this point I would look at the "returning visitor" metric in google analytics to check how many paid "returning visits" you have. If there are too many, for example you can prevent them by creating an audience made from all previous visitors and asign it as a negative audience to all your campaigns.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Frank,

IMHO the click assisted conversion is a useful indicator - because although the visitor didn't convert on an AdWords visit, they had visited the site previously through a click on an AdWords ad. Since not all visitors convert on the first visit (wouldn't THAT be nice!) then knowing that the ad campaign contributed to the conversion is useful - as much as anything in terms of justifying the ad spend.

View through are less useful and in fact, may even be misleading since an ad that appears below the fold on a page can count as a view even though the visitor didn't actually see it! I am wary of VTC and tend to consider their reporting as clutching at straws a little...

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You can choose to ignore the view-through-conversion data , see the experiment from here with a blank Ad to understand why :

http://czarto.com/2013/05/29/calculating-the-value-of-your-view-through-conversions/

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the inputs!!

Please confirm my explanation given below.

1] Total number conversions: 25 View Through Conversion [Highest number of conversion]
OR
2] Total conversions: 33 [View Through Conversion 25 + 8 Click Assisted Conversions]

Frank

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Let me quote from the first link that I gave you "VTCs are a distinct metric in AdWords. They are not aggregated in your Conversions (one-per-click) or Conversions (many-per-click) totals because a click didn't happen."

and also 

"The VTC number ....... . It pulls from the conversion tracking setup and there's no de-duplication for conversions by user (if a user from one impression completes 10 conversions, 10 VTCs are counted)."

My opinion is that since you cannot tell apart VTC from the paid "many-per-click conversions", they can intersect OR NOT, so your conversion total can be

a) at most  25 VTC from organic sources + 15 "many-per-click" from paid sources and a total of 40 conversions or

b) at least there can be 15 "many-per-click" included in those 25 VTC, and a total of 25 conversions

You can use the Goal tracking on the same page that has the conversion tracking code from adwords. The goal tracking would indicate the source of those 25 VTCs by segmenting the analytics report into paid and non-paid goal completions.

However there are more users here who can clarify, like Petebardo , or AdWiser or the Googlers.

You can also give google a call and ask them to identify the source of the 25 VTCs , as they offer free phone support :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en