AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Accuracy of Conversion Statistics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have tracking on my website for Google Ads that result in an online sale.  This records as a conversion on my Google Adwords account.

If someone clicks on a Call extension and I take the booking over the phone is there anyway to track this?  I'm assuming it's not recorded as a conversion?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Accuracy of Conversion Statistics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lucy,

I'd strongly suggest looking into offline conversion tracking, I think it's exactly what you need!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how this will work for me? If I answer a call from a customer I don't know if they've found me organically or clicked a Call extension? Once I've secured the booking I usually ask how they found me. If the answer is Google search I still don't know if they have clicked a Call extension. I don't really want to interrogate them! A lot of people don't even know they've clicked an ad anyway.

So how do I know what code to assign to what customers?

Cheers

Lucy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lucy W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Lucy W,

The good news is that you don't have to ask them anything on that topic at all.

Let's say I call your business at 11:30am and I end up purchasing your product or service, you write down my details at the time. You can then go into your weblogs and look to see whether there is a GCLID for 11:30am, it's this which indicates that the call came from AdWords.

It can be a bit technical to set this all up so you might need to consult your web developer if this isn't your sort of skill set.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Scott. This makes perfect sense. I will look into it.