AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Accounting for Conversion Window when Comparing to Previous Dates

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am looking to report on year-over-year performance for the previous week, however there is a pitfall with this due to the 30-day conversion window. If I report on total conversion value, the previous week last year will count all conversions that occurred within 30 days of each click, however 30 days have not yet elapsed for the prior week this year so I am effectively comparing against a much smaller conversion window.

Marin has an option to orient based on date of conversion as opposed to date of click so that all conversions are counted, however we have not had Marin in place for a full year. Does anyone know how to do this in AdWords, or any other method that would help solve my issue?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Accounting for Conversion Window when Comparing to Previous Dates

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Chris D,

As far as I am aware there is no way to do this on the adwords platform. Your best bet is going to be to wait for the window period to end. But given that, yoy are able to view a time lag report on analytics.

This will give you an idea of how many conversions have a delay. you can find this report under >conversions > funnels > time lag.

You could then extrapolate from there an expected number of conversions to be delayed. Or perhaps eliminate the delayed conversions from the previous time period you are comparing to.

Hope this helps