AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Account settings that effect keyword Search vol?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am an SEO Strategist and am having trouble figuring out the settings that are effecting the search volume in the Keyword Planner tool. I was using my personal gmail account to do keyword research and when I compared the results for avg. search volume to 3 of my coworkers, we discovered that the search volume for my account was much lower. I am assuming this is some type of filter in my account, but have spent about 2 hours looked in all the settings for AdWords and compared to my coworkers, and can't figure out what is causing the difference. All the settings on the left panel for "Targeting" are identical, the "settings" in the upper right hand corner are also identical. 

I know this seems like a rather broad question, but I'm not sure what else I can do to troubleshoot since everything appears to be fine. Where else should I check? When other people look up the search volume for the example I'm using for the keyword "fridge smell" do you get 70 or 320? Whose settings are "right"? Are there other settings or preferences related to my browsing history, privacy, or linked accounts that might be effecting the search volume? I've included screenshots below, would love any advice! 

my adwords.jpgwork account.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nadia M
June 2016

Re: Account settings that effect keyword Search vol?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nadia,

This seem to a similar case to the below mentioned thread:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Account-Issues/Differing-Keyword-Search-Volume-for...

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nadia M
June 2016

Re: Account settings that effect keyword Search vol?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nadia,

This seem to a similar case to the below mentioned thread:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Account-Issues/Differing-Keyword-Search-Volume-for...

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’