AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Account Summary Report Script

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

So i got this script to work:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/account-summary

Great and all but i want to add a column for conversions,

I'm not a great coder so if anyone here has the expertise and can lend a hand i would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eyal.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Summary Report Script

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I believe there is a dedicated AdWords script forum. This is the link to it: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-scripts

I would suggest you to post this over that forum for more insights.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Let me ping our script king ;

@Jon_Gritton 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe,
Pankaj, I've posted in the script group at your suggestion (thx) hope i get the answer here or there.

Eyal.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eyal R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Eyal, (thanks for the ping @MosheTLV ). 

Adding conversions (and other metrics) is relatively easy, but you'll need to make changes in several parts of the Script.  The key part is the getReportRowForDuring function, which is the bit that actually goes off to AdWords to collect the data.  You'll see in this function that the code is requesting fields in this line:

'SELECT Cost, AverageCpc, Ctr, AveragePosition, Impressions, Clicks ' +

Conversions are an available column for this report so your first step would be to add "Conversions" to this line.  It doesn't matter where you add this, but the format of the line is important so if you're not sure I'd suggest adding it between two of the existing terms, e.g. Ctr, Conversions, AveragePosition.

The Script is now collecting the data, but now you need to display/email it.  Look through the script for lines that involve the existing fields being collected (Cost, Ctr, etc.) then copy paste as necessary, changing the column name and field name to "Conversions."  There are several places to do this, and you will have to look out for the column headings as well, but this should give you somewhere to start.

As a matter of interest, you can see all the fields available in the ACCOUNT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT here:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports#account

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Jon,

Thanks,
It's sorted now!

Eyal.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Eyal,

May I ask how did you fix it? I am trying to add conversions too but it isn't working.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Santiago

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not sure I remember exactly, i'm not useing that script as i have an automated reporting via API.
I think i took the original script and edited the columns than added the parameters to track.
I think my issue was that the scrip was not generating the extra columns that were needed to collect the data. once you create the template file the right way and edit the script, it would populate the data correctly.

Hope it helps.
Eyal.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks a lot for the help! :-)

Santiago

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santiago C,

How did you manage to preview the script with the conversion column in it?