AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Account Performance Report for just Search Campaign Types

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to run a script where I want to report how much was spent so far on a given month for only search campaign types. I know for all my campaigns I would use Account_Performance_Report but is there a way to get that same information for only search campaigns running?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Avi B,

I do not think you need heavy artillery for that purpose. Navigate to the All Campaigns page, select "All campaigns" and the right time frame. At the bottom of the page, you'll find the row 'Total - Search', displaying you the figures for a number of metrics. (I assume all your campaigns are either Search only or Display only.)

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Lakatos but I need to include this information in a script so I can use the total amount spent on search only to figure out when to pause just the enabled search campaigns when they hit a certain amount. 

I am actually running search, display and video campaigns so I need to isolate out the search total only for the script.

Thank you again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Avi B,

Thanks for the clarification. Even under the scenario you described I'd prefer a simple solution as follows. Select the 'Pause campaigns when ...' menu item on the 'Automate' drop-down, select all your campaigns on the AdWords interface, and apply the following settings on the 'Create rule: Pause campaigns' form.

Apply to:                               Selected campaigns

Using data from:                    Same month

Requirement #1:                   Campaign type: Search network only

Requirement #2:                    Cost > US$xxx,xx        

If I read your lines okay the above automated rule will do the trick.

Best,

Lakatos         

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Lakatos. 

I will try your solution but my only concern is that I am not the only one working on the account in question so if somebody adds a new search campaign, we would have to adjust the automated rule to include this campaign so it will need to be constantly monitored.

Also, there is a limitation to automated rules that the most frequent check is daily vs. scripts which can be hourly. We would like to obviously be as accurate as possible and automated rules are not there yet.

As I said, we will try it the way you suggested and see what happens.

Thank you again.