AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Access Google's collected data via the website the user is visiting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As per the response by jackportersmith to the thread 'Which keywords visitors are using to land on our website' it is apparent that Google AdWords and/or Google Analytics collect the user's Google search to the letter.

jackportersmith outlined the steps to see this information via the AdWords website. I would like to know if it is possible to access this collected information via the website that the user is visiting, at the time of their visit, so that for instance, the web application can email this collected information to the Website Administrator.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Access Google's collected data via the website the user is visitin

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

This question of yours is covered by Google's privacy Policy

Information we share

We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Google unless one of the following circumstances apply:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Access Google's collected data via the website the user is visitin

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi ct_gb,

You can not reliably retrieve the user's search query, but you can get the keyword on which you bid that triggered the ad sent as part of the destination URL. I would not use the utm_ variables, rather name your own, something like this:

www.example.com?kw={keyword}

Then, on your serverside scripting, you can read that keyword and send your email.

You will sometimes get the actual search query from the referrer data, but usually only if the traffic is from Google (not search partners) and only if the user is not using secure search. That's why I say it is not reliable and it will be incomplete.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords