AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

About Adwords' security enhancement and Google Analytics report

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'd like to ask another question about security enhancement.

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.jp/2014/04/security-enhancements-for-search-users.html

How does it affect reporting function of Google Analytics?

As Ms Ginny Marvin wonders on this SEL article,

"One of which is whether the AdWords Matched Search Queries report will continue to live on in Google Analytics. Valuetrack parameters pass exact match keyword referrer data as of this morning. Will that functionality end? And, I’m sure there are others."

Will it be possible for GA to make reports reflecting queries of ad clicks originating from SSL searches on Google.com, after the enhancement is completed?

P.S.

In my original post, I made a mistake.

My original post, "As Ms. Ginny Marvin reports on this SEL articleValuetrack parameters are still passing 'query' referrer data right now." was wrong and what she told in the article was " Valuetrack parameters pass exact match keyword referrer data as of this morning. "

I apologize for my fault, and fixed my question.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: About Adwords' security enhancement and Google Analytics report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ken,
As far as I am aware, we will continue to see matched search query reports. The latest change ONLY removes the search query from the referral string. The data in GA will continue to come from the same source... the direct link with AdWords.

In that article she mentions "Reporting in analytics will increasingly reflect the change with a rising percentage of (not provided) clicks from paid search". I have no idea where that's coming from. She doesn't state where she's getting that information.

It doesn't make sense that it would be available in AdWords and not in GA. What's the point? You could just match the data back up in Excel anyway immediately.

We need that data to improve our negative keyword lists. Without that data, MANY businesses couldn't actually use AdWords. Why give us every option under the sun to optimize our campaigns but only allow us to bid blind?

I'm a little angry with that article and am actually going to post this reply there too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Dave_Davis.

I personally agree with with your opinion totally. How can it happen that data available in AdWords isn't available in GA?
I thought it's a paradox, but couldn't be sure as I'm newbie and she's a authoritative professional.
Your sincere answer helped and encouraged me a lot.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ken H,

I'm not even going to look at that article. If she's saying that ValueTrack parameters are still passing query referrer data right now, she is seriously confused. ValueTrack {keyword} passed the keyword that triggered the ad, not the query and certainly not query referrer data, not now and never did.

Best of Luck,

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, petebardo.

I apologize you and Ms. Ginny Marvin for my wrong quotation.
She told "Valuetrack parameters pass 'exact match keyword' referrer data as of this morning. "
I mistook 'exact match keyword' for 'query' when I typed my question.

I apologize again, and fix my question in the first post.