AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

A Problem in referrers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone

I have bought an adwords account from one the agent working near me. He has sent me an initial report concerning the keywords which Google is going to incorporate into my Google adwords.

Now when I see my Visit Stats, it shows many visits from search engines with appropriate keywords (similar to what I had ordered), but I see rarely searches coming from Google, they mostly are from ask.com.

Why?

thanks in advanced

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A Problem in referrers

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Thank you for your posting. Regarding your question, the reason your visits may not be showing up as Google SERP is they may be visits through one of Google's search partners like Ask.com.

Re: A Problem in referrers

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi cgmasterian,

You should ask your agent for access to your AdWords account, at least for reports, so you can look directly at the data. This will help you understand your campaigns and the results. If your "agent" refuses such access, I would recommend firing them ASAP and get help from someone else.

It is your account, not the agent's. Using referrer data to identify paid traffic is the least reliable method. The most reliable method is to look for the presence of a gclid value. If you are using Google Analytics and the account is linked to your AdWords account, you can review this traffic under Acquisitions/AdWords.

You will want to segment the campaign tab by network so you can compare performance on search partners to performance on Google search properties.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords