AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

A/B split testing different ad copy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

In Ad rotation I have chosen the option 'Optimise for conversions: Show ads expected to provide more conversions' . In this case how to check which one ad is performing better because those ad copy will serve frequently which can provide more conversion ?

I do split testing for two ad copy only and I always choose below option 

Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimise

But In first case I have some doubt,Please help me out.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A/B split testing different ad copy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
My preferred is "rotate evenly". This way to could analyze yourself which ad performs  better.
If you do wish to optimize, then optimize for clicks: the Conversion comes after the click (on the landing page). The ad-copy "brings" the click; the landing page brings the conversion. Though a good ad-copy, assist the conversion, I refer to analyze performance (of ad-copies and landing pages) independently/ separately.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Moshe,

Adding to my friend's query, I have one more query for you. Is it necessary to change the ad rotation policy with the ad copy change? Can this be an important metric to measure?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I am not quite sure I understand your question; but if you ask whether you should test different ad-copies when rotate evenly - the answer is: yes, this is recommended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’