AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

A/B Testing Setting Contradicts With High Performance Setting?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

To my understanding, to run text ad copy A/B testing I'll need to change the ad rotation setting to "rotate evenly". Then in the meanwhile Adwords keeps reminding me that my campaign is underperforming because my the rest of the ad groups is not displaying the best performer as much as it can.

The solution I used before is to create another campaign for A/B testing specifically. When you had the results you can copy/move them to the main campaign. But it seems the system has to re-accumulate the data again, even re-learn which ads are more appealing to the different type of audience.

Does anyone have another better way to achieve this?

Thanks a lot!

Jason

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason Zhang
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Nope. The system will take care of impressions to meet the test sampling size - you don't need to change the rotation.

Also, if you are referring to a  page  design  a/b testing - this is now in Analytics 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @MosheTLV,

Thanks! Not sure about the minimum impression is enough for sampling. It's probably sufficient to measure the CTR, but conversion will require way more times.

I didn't know the 'experiment' feature so this gets me excited. I checked how it works - it seems the only issue is when the system divides the traffic to different pages, you can specify the traffic by channels. I assume in marketing performance varies a lot by channels.

Thanks,

Jason