AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

90% of traffic from googleads.g.doubleclick.net & no adwords acct

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone help me understand these traffic sources? We have no campaigns running. No affiliate program.  Thanks!

Re: 90% of traffic from googleads.g.doubleclick.net & no adwords a

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Please select from "Secondary dimension = Landing Page" to see to what pages that traffic goes.

It could be that someone who has another website placed the wrong google analytics UA code on their site, using your code, so now you are receiving data about the traffic from another website. If this is the case, you will see in the landing pages column , pages from another website.

Re: 90% of traffic from googleads.g.doubleclick.net & no adwords a

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Steve,

Did you ever run a display campaign in the past? Googleads.g.doubleclick.net shows up when a display campaign is run without being properly tagged.

I would rule out the likelihood that someone as your Analytics tags on their site. It would be really unlikely that they would mistakenly place it because they'd have to have either manually tried to type their own (most people copy and paste) or else they would have to have copied it from your source code, which is even less likely because it would do them no good. Furthermore, you'd have to adapt the code on your site for cross-domain tracking for it to work on a different site.

Another still very unlikely option could be that someone running a display campaign has mis-typed their destination URL. How's the time on diet and bounce rate look for this traffic?

If you don't have and never did have a display campaign running, I would reach out to AdWords directly to see if they can help you sniff this out. There's a contact link at the top right have side of this page. If you find out, I'd be really interested to hear what's going on!

Sorry I couldn't be more help!