AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

90 day conversions when do they count

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've looked around and can;t find a definitive answer on when a conversion is displayed in Adwords.

If a visitor returns to the site and converts 89 days after the original click, when is this shown in the adwords conversion data.

Does it update in the month of the original click, or does it show in the month that the visitor came back?

Either way, does it mean that reporting is skewed, because spend and conversion are separated into different months?

Or am I looking at this in entirely the wrong way?

Views welcome 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 90 day conversions when do they count

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Matt,

You should see the conversion counted on the day it happens. Additionally I believe you can extend the duration beyond 90 days via Universal Analytics by doing the following: Universal Analytics -> Admin -> Tracking Info -> Session Settings -> Increase session duration
(Guys correct of me I'm wrong)
Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joshua, thanks for the reply, appreciated.

I managed to post my question in two forums by mistake. The MOOC's forum answer conflicts with your answer - which goes to show I wasn't alone in being in two minds over this.

If the conversion shows on the day they happen, which does seem the most likely, then the adwords spends are separated from the conversions.

If a click happens in January, and the conversion shows in March, then a monthly report would be way off? Would you say?

Of course, if the reverse were true, and the conversion in March updates January's clicks, then it would be just as misleading, worse maybe. By the time we get to March, then we may have already reported on January.

This is quite apart from the brand click hijacking the original results with last click attribution.

I guess either way, it is important to report on trends of at least 120 days to capture the full results.

Best

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Matt,
Out of pure curiosity myself I spoke with some people at Google and it appears that they do indeed count the conversion on the day of conversion, not when the click happened - so no retroactive conversions.

CPA is calculated by dividing the total cost in a period by the number of Acquisitions in that time.

Best,
Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’