AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

3rd-party pixels gets dropped off in Google Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are provider of 3rd party tracking pixel to enable segmentation of the users (certified for Adwords).

Our client has added our pixel to the Adwords campaign - it was working ok for 1 day and then we stopped receiving data. After a check, it turned out that our pixel has dropped off. It was added again and after 1 day it dropped off again.

We've been told that some automated scripts are doing checks/changes in the campaign and our pixels may get dropped off in the process.

We've been advised to monitor the data and every time when we notice drop in the traffic send information to Google with the creatives and pixels to implement again. That's not really a preferred solution.

Is it possible that the script can remove the pixels? Is there any solution for that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Can you elaborate about "segmentation of users" - I think this is key to understand the issue

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Segmentation of the users is created at our end through the statistical modelling. Our pixel collects only information about the impressions or click and sends the data to our system for processing.

As we are certified vendor I do not think there is an issue with the pixel itself - rather with the way how Adwords operate. We are running plenty display campaigns and never had an issue like this.