AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

2000+ different thank you pages - Help with Conversion Tracking

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, My website has more than 2000 confirmation pages depending upon the product inquiry. Any suggesion how should I track the conversion. Simplest way is to put the tracking code on all my thank-you pages. Do you have any other idea?

Thanks

Rohit

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 2000+ different thank you pages - Help with Conversion Tracking

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rohit,

According to me, You dont gonna create 2000 septate conversion tracking. I will suggest the same as you have mentioned One Tracking code for all thank you pages will better.

Wait for sometime, before editing in your pages. I am also interested to know other openions.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Rohit K,

Over 2000 confirmation pages seems like an awful lot to me. Is this so you can track the product inquiries? There might be a better way.

The simple answer is the one you've given here. You might look at eCommerce tracking with a single thank you page. You can identify the product on the thank you page, and you can track these conversions in both AdWords and Google Analytics.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rohit

IMO also, single conversion code for all pages will be a better option because if you want to know which product enquiry is generated then you can always look for the keywords data to see which products are getting conversion, your landing pages are different but a set of keywords will be directing to its particular landing page only, so keywords data is always their to let you know which products are generating conversion. Just in case, if you add 2000+ different conversion codes to different 2000+ landing pages then you will just have access to an additional reports which is conversions on the basis of conversion names, rest I think will remain same.

My views!

Abhishek