AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

2 websites, 1 thank you page, how to track conversion?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,  Need your help.  Suppose I have 2 websites namely,  Abc.com and Pqr.com  both have an Enquiry form, but they both share 1 common 'thank you' page.   Now, my question is how do I track conversions in Google Adwords for each of the website?  I manage all my different website campaigns through common Adwords account. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author puns s
September 2015

Hi Puns S,   Let me explain you in more precise way : - T...

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Puns S,

Let me explain you in more precise way : -

THIS SOLUTION IS APPLICABLE ONLY IF YOUR BOTH WEBSITE CAMPAIGNS ARE UNDER ONE ADWORDS ACCOUNT.

Moreover, Conversions are setup at account level, not on campaign levels. (It means although, you have multiple domains and if they are sharing the same thankyou page). You can track with them using one conversion tracking code.

See an Example below:

Every Google Adwords account gives us a unique CONVERSION_ID (which is a static value) while CONVERSION_LABEL has dynamic generated values. 

This means If you want to track conversions for Contact Us, Newsletter Signup, PDF download or any other. Then there is only change which is in Conversion label, while Conversion ID will remain the same for every new conversion setup.

conversion.png

As you have two campaigns one for website www.abc.com and other for website www.xyz.com and both share 1 common 'thank you' page. Thus, you have only one Conversion Tracking code for both the websites.

Thanks

Ankit Kapoor.

View solution in original post

Re: 2 websites, 1 thank you page, how to track conversion?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Puns S,
Two website sharing one common thank you page? It's bit strange for me and I don't know what is your purpose by using same thank you page. IMO you should use different thank you page to get distinct & clear conversion data from two different website.
Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, That's true. But, this is what the actual situation is. Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Puns S,

Welcome to the Adwords Community!!
Yes, You can track conversions using a single conversion tracking code for both the websites.

What you need to do is create separate campaigns for both the websites under one Adwords account. After, then paste the "Conversion Tracking" code onThankyou page of the website between the <body></body> tags.

Moreover, you can separately create Google Analytics accounts for both the websites and setup Goals & Funnels accordingly.

Thanks

Ankit Kapoor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ankit,

Though I am not much clear about how exactly 1 tracking code will record the conversions occurring for 2 websites. Lets say the 'thank you' page is followed by domain name abc.com, how will it record conversions of pqr.com?

Please help me understand.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author puns s
September 2015

Hi Puns S, &nbsp; Let me explain you in more precise way : - T...

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Puns S,

Let me explain you in more precise way : -

THIS SOLUTION IS APPLICABLE ONLY IF YOUR BOTH WEBSITE CAMPAIGNS ARE UNDER ONE ADWORDS ACCOUNT.

Moreover, Conversions are setup at account level, not on campaign levels. (It means although, you have multiple domains and if they are sharing the same thankyou page). You can track with them using one conversion tracking code.

See an Example below:

Every Google Adwords account gives us a unique CONVERSION_ID (which is a static value) while CONVERSION_LABEL has dynamic generated values. 

This means If you want to track conversions for Contact Us, Newsletter Signup, PDF download or any other. Then there is only change which is in Conversion label, while Conversion ID will remain the same for every new conversion setup.

conversion.png

As you have two campaigns one for website www.abc.com and other for website www.xyz.com and both share 1 common 'thank you' page. Thus, you have only one Conversion Tracking code for both the websites.

Thanks

Ankit Kapoor.

Re: Hi Puns S, &nbsp; Let me explain you in more precise way : - T

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ankit. Your detailed explanation was much helpful, and shall help many others. I appreciate your efforts and knowledge. Thank you!

Re: Hi Puns S, &nbsp; Let me explain you in more precise way : - T

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Not a problem, Glad I could help Smiley Happy